Page 35 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal FC , Emery at the Emirates

Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham

Harry Redknapp's CV took a real hit as Arsenal produced a sensational comeback to inflict Tottenham's biggest north London derby defeat since 1978.
    Spurs looked certain to enhance Redknapp's England credentials by making him their first manager for 86 years to win away against the Gunners for two successive seasons and first to do the double over them for 19.
    But, in a complete reversal of last season's corresponding fixture, Tottenham threw away a two-goal lead to concede five at Arsenal for the first time since 1934.

Gunners post big profits

Arsenal's decision to sell Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri helped them report a huge pre-tax profit of £49.5 million for the six months to the end of November.

Arsenal, who lost £6.1 million over the same period in 2010, might have made only a small profit but for the controversial departures of Fabregas and Nasri last summer for a reported £54 million.

Arsenal enjoyed an overall profit on player trading of £46.1 million, having made a loss of £5.9 million the previous year.

They made £63 million overall in player sales, while there was an investment of £74.7 million in new arrivals and contract extensions, the cost of both being spread evenly over the length of an individual's deal.

Arsenal's cash reserves also swelled to £115.2 million, up from £110.4 million, with their turnover from football rising to £113.5 million from £97.6 million.

Chairman Peter Hill-Wood told the club's official website: "We are proud of Arsenal's record and consistency over many seasons and have the foundations in place, at every level of the club, to ensure we remain a force in the seasons ahead.''

Tomas Rosicky signs contract extension, set for coaching role.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman87 View Post
    Tomas Rosicky signs contract extension, set for coaching role.
    he has been poor all season long and all of a sudden he burst in to form

coaching role ? how old is he

Superb Arteta

11 different nationals represented Arsenal against Wolves.

Jack Wilshere out of the remaining games. He's also out of Euros. Arsene Wenger confirmed this.

Mikel Arteta will play no further part for Arsenal this season due to ankle sprain.

Arsenal agree long-term Podolski deal

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that a deal has been agreed to sign German international striker Lukas Podolski on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

The Polish-born attacker will team up with the Gunners in the summer ahead of the 2012/13 season from Bundesliga side FC Cologne, where he has been in fine form this season, netting 18 times in 28 league appearances.

After spending his early years training and playing with FC Bergheim 2000, the 26-year-old joined the youth set-up at Cologne in 1995, before making his first-team debut in 2003. After three successful seasons with Cologne he moved to Bayern Munich in 2006. He spent three seasons with Bayern before re-joining FC Cologne in 2009 and is now regarded as one of the leading strikers in the Bundesliga.

Podolski has made 95 appearances for Germany and scored 43 goals since making his debut as a 19-year-old in 2004. He made a huge impact with a series of impressive performances at the 2006 World Cup, where he scored three times and followed this up with three more goals at Euro 2008.

Podolski was also part of the Germany team that produced a number of eye-catching displays at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, including a goalscoring contribution in the 4-1 win over England in Bloemfontein in the last 16. He also featured for ‘Die Geißböcke’ in the pre-season friendly against Arsenal at the RheinEnergieStadion last July.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted to secure the deal for Lukas and see him as an important part of our future. He is a top-class player, a very good finisher and a proven performer at club and international level. He is a very strong player and will provide us with good attacking options.

"We are happy to have made this signing early and we are looking forward to watching Lukas contribute at the European Championship over the summer, a level where he has already made 95 caps at the age of 26. That is a phenomenal record and just shows his quality as a player.”

Speaking about his move, Podolski said: “I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal Football Club and to play in the Premier League. Arsenal is one of the top clubs in Europe with a huge history. There are many top quality players at Arsenal and the style of football which the team plays is fantastic. I’m proud to become an Arsenal player and am looking forward to playing my first match at Emirates Stadium and doing my best for all the Arsenal fans.

“I am looking forward to becoming an Arsenal player, but at the moment my focus is with my current club, FC Cologne. I will give everything I have until the end of season to make sure the team finish as high as possible in the Bundesliga. There will always be a place in my heart for FC Cologne.”

10. Likes Giggs liked this post

another shrewd buying from Arsene...he will be a great success with the Gunners