Page 264 of 274 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2731

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

the vanishing (1988 )

A dutch " thriller "movie... Without any " Thrills".. Seriously how these guys are categorizing films???

It's well shot and has an unusual narrative structure. That's it. After all the unanimous positive reviews, I am disappointed.

Plot : Rex and Saskia are enjoying a biking holiday in France when, stopping at a gas station, Saskia disappears. Confounded, Rex searches everywhere, but to no avail. 3 years later, he's still obsessed with finding her, pleading his case on television, putting up posters and ruining his new relationship in the process.
    Eventually an unassuming chemistry teacher, Raymond , approaches Rex, intimating that he knows what happened.

2/5

Sisu (2022)/Finnish Language(Finland) - highly entertaining action film. kaanathavar undel kandu nokku. ugran aaytu eduthu vachittundu. tarantinoish ennokke parayunnundu enikkangane thonniyilla, maybe because of chapterwise narration. i find it to be very original.
    camera work , performance background score ellam kollam. bgm munpu vanna mongol le throat use cheythoru score ille similar orennam undu, kidilam.
    oru spoiler, alambanu ennalum parayam. ithil herokku aake oru dialogue ulloo...aa dialog peda aanu.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Sisu (2022)/Finnish Language(Finland) - highly entertaining action film. kaanathavar undel kandu nokku. ugran aaytu eduthu vachittundu. tarantinoish ennokke parayunnundu enikkangane thonniyilla, maybe because of chapterwise narration. i find it to be very original.
    camera work , performance background score ellam kollam. bgm munpu vanna mongol le throat use cheythoru score ille similar orennam undu, kidilam.
    oru spoiler, alambanu ennalum parayam. ithil herokku aake oru dialogue ulloo...aa dialog peda aanu.
    Next film on my watchlist.....

4. Likes kevin liked this post

Triangle of sadness (2022) :

A highly disjointed movie. Few humor scenes are there but not enough to sustain the random events happening in the film.
    Did not enjoy

Art of self defense (2019) :

Jesse Eisenberg playing jesse Eisenberg for umpteenth time.

Ok so the story is about a weak, introvert who tries to learn martial arts and gradually changing into a toxic person instead of a positive confident man.

Instead of showing this gradual change slowly, director choose to show it in a very quick and in a jarring fashion which brings down the whole film.

Sorry to bother you (201 :

Crazy & Original concept.... but how much of it successfully translated onscreen ??

The Theme is about capitalism, exploitation of employees etc........

Somewhere in the final 30 min the film takes a wild crazy twist which I liked.

One time watchable..

The Covenant (2023)- The legend guy ritchie has delivered again. ritchie fans ellam kandittundavum. recommending this to others. jake gyllenhal is terrific. dar salim is also very good.

Deleted..............
    Last edited by Ali Bhai; 08-06-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Kids (1995)

A peek into the life of reckless teenagers in US........ shot in a very realistic style.

Plot is happening in one day. It is about a boy who is an Aids victim (he doesn't know it) and his goal is to have sex with maximum number of virgins.

In one sentence - A bleak portrayal of " vazhivitta jeevitham " of teenagers.
    Watchable.

Warning : nudity and sex scenes
    Last edited by Ali Bhai; 08-06-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Sisu (2022) :

A western style action movie.

Killing nazis brutally : ✅
    Incredible cinematography : ✅
    Short runtime : ✅

Lot of fun watching this.....reminded me of old rambo and commando movies....

10. Likes kevin liked this post

Deadstream (2022) :

Low budget Horror comedy shot in a found footage style.

A youtuber going to vlog a haunted Mansion to increase subscribers...... Lots of comedy moments from reading comments from users online watching him......

Definitely worth a watch. Only 2 characters in the whole film, and the director is also the lead and he has done the writing job too...this is more like a satire or parody of found footage horror. Kudos to him..

Across the spiderverse (2023) :

Damn!!

I never thought I would be so impressed by an animated film!!

Each and every shot bursting with frenetic energy and visual style, I thought anytime the characters would break the screen and come outside..................accompanied by strong voice acting cast, this movie is a must watch!

Only small gripe is that editing is so fast paced at times I couldn't get all info shown on the screen................

13. Likes pvnithin liked this post